Thursday, August 8, 2013

Amazing 20s Fashion - Long May it Roar!

I've become slightly addicted to the history and fashion pages on pinterest!  There are so many beautiful dresses from all time periods pinned every hour.  Right now, my focus is the 20s- since I work in a museum and do programs on the 20s regularly- it seemed like a good place to start my blog.

My first dress is the quintessential flapper gown.


I mean, how can you not love this gown!?! It is a beaded "flapper" style gown in iridescent pink.   Metallic sequins, bugle beads, and metallic embroidery on tulle, with a rose pattern and a plunging back.  I do not know the whereabouts of this little beauty as well as the dresses below but let's all hold hands and pray that they are all in a museum somewhere - where they belong!  

Next up, we have a simple (but not-so-simple) 1920s tulle dress.  


Again, not much is known, even less than the previous dress but it is stunning.  

Time to go a little more "showy" with a 1920s cream and gold lame evening dress.  


I hate it that I don't have better information on the whereabouts of these amazing dresses and I will make it a personal goal to pick dresses with more information on them in the future

Next up, a 1920s evening dress without label but is said to be from Callot Soeurs.  Callot Soeurs was a fashion design house opened in 1895 at 24, rue Taitbout in Paris, France. It was operated by the four Callot sisters: Marie Callot Gerber, Marthe Callot Bertrand, Regina Callot Tennyson-Chantrell and Joséphine Callot Crimont.  They were known for their exotic details - they were among the first to use gold and silver lame to make dresses.  



For more information on this design house, please visit the links belo.  

Last up, we have a Lanvin "peacock" dress ca. 1928-1929 by Jeanne Lanvin. This dress is made of silk taffeta and embroidered with glass beads.  



That is it for the 1920s-  I hope you enjoy the beauty.  Remember, while I am a history-nerd-girl, I also have my own online boutique.  I sell most of my NEW clothing and jewelry on Facebook (Lulabelle's Closet) but I also try to keep much of my inventory listed here on my blog- for those without Facebook accounts.  

Thanks for visiting and remember, while new fashion is fun, historic fashion holds our past.  :)


No comments:

Post a Comment